Non-Emergency Medical Transportation for Amerigroup Louisiana Members
Southeastrans provides services for non-emergency transportation to Amerigroup Louisiana members. If you have no other way to get to your covered health services, you can call Southeastrans to get a ride.
This is a shared-ride service. More than one person going to an appointment may ride together in the same vehicle. If needed, one person may ride with you to your appointment. These arrangements must be made when the trip is scheduled.
|Reservation and Assistance Line||1-866-430-1101|
|Normal Hours of Operation:||8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday|
|Urgent Care and Hospital Discharge||24 hours a day, 365 days a year|
Methods of Transportation
Southeastrans, Inc. offers many convenient methods of transportation for our Amerigroup members:
- Fuel/Gas Reimbursement
- Public Transportation
- Van, Sedan, Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle, Stretcher Vehicle, Mini Bus, Taxi
Making Transportation Arrangements
You can schedule your ride Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. Two business days notice is required for all routine trip reservations. When scheduling transportation, please have the following information ready for the Customer Service Representative when you call:
- Member’s ID number as it appears on their plan identification card
- Member’s full name, phone number, address, date of birth and county of residence
- Specify any special needs (oxygen, escort) when you schedule the appointment
- An emergency contact’s name and phone number
- Destination information – address, phone number, doctor’s name, type of appointment, and the name of the medical facility that you are being transported to
- Member’s mobility status (walking, wheelchair, stretcher)
- Member’s room number (for stretcher only)
If you go to the same type of appointment two or more times a week, such as dialysis or behavioral health, please have your social worker or case manager at the facility call our Special Services Representatives at 1-855-325-7576.
Canceling or Changing Transportation Arrangements
If you need to change or cancel your ride, please call the Southeastrans Reservation and Assistance line at 1-866-430-1101 as soon as possible.
225-768-8259 | Cwilson@southeastrans.com
Call Center Director
Southeastrans Louisiana Office
8032 Summa Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70809