Non-Emergency Medical Transportation for Optima Family Care
Transportation is provided to Optima Family Care Members who require transportation assistance to approved healthcare services. Southeastrans arranges transportation for all Optima Family Care Members residing in counties located throughout the state of Virginia.
Call Southeastrans to arrange non-emergency medical transportation services to covered medical services at least five (5) workdays in advance of the appointment date. You can schedule up to 30 workdays days in advance.
• Your facility’s name, address, and phone number
• An emergency contact person with phone number for the member
• Name of contact person at the location to which the member is being transported
• Type of service required: ambulatory, wheelchair or stretcher
• Any special needs the member may have. This includes a mental or physical disability or the need for an escort.Standing OrdersIf you go to the same type of appointment two or more times a week, such as dialysis or behavioral health, please have your social worker or case manager at the facility call our Special Services Representatives at the numbers listed aboveCanceling or Changing Transportation ArrangementsIf you need to change or cancel your ride, please call the Southeastrans Reservation and Assistance line using numbers listed above as soon as possible. Back to Top of Page