Southeastrans currently contracts with more than 350 independent NEMT Providers to administer transportation services for our current NET contracts. We utilize a comprehensive methodology for recruiting, credentialing, and training each NET provider that joins our network. Our negotiations with NET providers are conducted on the principles of fairness and honesty, which has contributed to our reputation as the “NET provider-friendly” broker.
- All interested transportation providers must complete and submit a Request for Qualifications form and Vehicle List.
- Southeastrans will review applications to determine if there is a need for new transportation providers in the region where you are located.
- If a need exists within your service area, Southeastrans will contact you for an interview and request that you proceed with Step 2 of the application process.
- If a need exists for transportation services in the proposed area, Southeastrans will request additional documentation to determine if your company meets Southeastrans’ NET Provider contracting requirements.
- The additional areas of documentation include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Current business license
- Verification of liability insurance coverage
- Driver credentials
- Current Criminal background checks for all drivers
- Current drug screens for all owners and drivers
- Current motor vehicle driving report for all drivers
- After the transportation company provides evidence of compliance with all contracting requirements, all vehicles under consideration to operate within Southeastrans’ network must pass a comprehensive safety inspection.
- Southeastrans will schedule vehicle inspections once all the documentation requirements in Step 2 are fully satisfied.
- All drivers must successfully complete a training session conducted by Southeastrans staff (First Aid, CPR, Defensive Driving, Passenger Sensitivity and Customer Service Training, Spill Kit Training, Proper Lifting Techniques, Wheelchair Securement, and Driver Orientation).
- After the provider has met all requirements, the owner must complete an orientation conducted by Southeastrans staff. This session covers all operational requirements.